DCPTA is your
professional association. Join today and make the most of your membership from day one! Put yourself in touch with the resources you need for continued personal and professional growth.
Join Us (Video)
- There's never been a better time to become a DCPTA and APTA member! Hear from your colleagues about the many great reasons to join.
To be eligible for APTA membership, you must be accepted to, enrolled in, or a graduate from a PT or PTA program that is accredited or is seeking or has been granted candidacy status by the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (program must be accredited at time of graduation). All membership is coordinated by APTA.
Simultaneous payment of national and chapter dues is required. You must belong to the chapter of the state in which you live, work or attend school, or of an adjacent state if more active participation is possible.
Each year, the DCPTA elects and appoints its leadership team. As we approach our Fall meeting, please consider taking a leadership role in the DCPTA. There are a variety of opportunities - something to fit everyone’s skills & interests as well as time & energy availability. If you have any questions or want more information about a particular role, go to www.dcpta.com or contact anyone on the Nominating committee (contact information below). And even if you do not plan to get involved this year – come and vote at the Fall meeting!
POSITIONS FOR ELECTION
POSITIONS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Vice President - This position assists in coordinating our communications and newsletter as well as works with membership on recruitment and retention efforts.
- Director of Governement Relations
- Federal Affairs Liaison
- Fitness committee (chair) Do you love to inspire others to stay healthy and active? Do you motivate your colleagues to Move it! Do want to help get more of us involved in Race for the Cure, Marine Corp Marathon, Special Olympics?
- Practice committee (supporting members) Are you the go to person in the office for practice questions? Do you want to share your expertise with your colleagues? Do you stay in the know with APTA resources? This position gets direct links and updates from National.
- Continuing Education committee (supporting members) Do you have ideas on topics and speakers that you want DCPTA to sponsor?
- Finance committee (supporting members) Do you love to balance your check book? Do you want to help balance ours?
- Archivist (chair) Do you love to organize, have spreadsheets for everything, and love to scrapbook??
- Reimbursement committee (chair and supporting members) Are you the payment expert in your office? Do you stay in the know with APTA resources? This position gets direct links and updates from National.
- Government Affairs committee (chair and supporting members) Do you think you should have been a politician? Are you geared up for the State Policy Forum in December? Do you want to represent DCPTA and help us improve our grassroots?
- Public Relations committee (chair and supporting members) Are you an incredibly social being? Are you creative and inspiring about the profession?
Carole Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org